Question about Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TE Washer
I have an error code of Sd or 5d (Whirlpool Duet Sport front loading washer). I am using the recommended amount of HE detergent so i do not believe I am ''oversudzing''. I did use an excessive amount of detergent about 4 or 5 washloads before. But on the last 2 loads I have been getting the Sd (or 5d) error. Any idea what it might be?
It means Suds Lock(Overdose of Detergent Detected During The Wash Cycle).If suds are detected continuously by the pressure switch during the drain or spin phases,the washer will fill 4 litres of water and during 5 minutes the unit will rest without tumbling,the water will be drained and it will try to spin or drain again.
If too much detergent was used:
– Run the unit through a Rinse/Spin cycle.
– Run a Normal cycle without adding any detergent.
This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump,pressure switch and Central Control Unit(CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check drain pump.
7. Check the pressure switch.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
on Mar 21, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 07, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 06, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jun 01, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 20, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 03, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 23, 2017 | Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TE Washer
14,419 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: