Re: bringing DATA folder from another computer, or old...
Rename the existing DATA folder that is linked to winfax to another name, like DATAORIGINAL,
then copy your DATA folder over.
Make sure Winfax is closed when you do this.
Once it is copied over, start WinFax. Your data from the old faxes should appear in WinFax
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
We've seen this error many times, and in most cases the problem is due to mismanagement of the send and receive logs. You probably have way too many faxes in your Receive Log (or, some corruption) You should read this
That's not the way to backup your logs. You copied only the fax images, and not the logs to go with them. This is a common error that is made quite often. Unless you have the original log structure, your data (logs) that link to the actual fax images (fxds, fxrs, etc.) are lost.
You can go to::
and post this request. I've seen it there before you wil need some third party app. Look for Project Number 138099 this will give you more info.
Have a Great Day!!
This is a solution that was suggested for an earlier edition of the Winfax Pro, but there is no reason why it shouldn?t work on this one as well:
1. Close Winfax and any other program that has anything to do with it, delete all the temp files that yo don?t need.
2. Run Scandisk and fix any problems that may come up.
3. Run delfix.exe which is located in the winfax folder in the status files.
4. Run delfix-rebuild and delfix-optimize and check if the problem is solved.
If the problem reoccurs there is another possibility- to change the name of the WinFax\data folder and create a new one which you will transfer the address book file, status files etc. from the old folder. Note that there might be some information that wouldn?t go through.