Question about Samsung SMH7174BC Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Prematured failure of micro oven.

After use of one and half year its heat chamber base coating was completely decoated and rusted. What is the solution
My Address:
M.Rama Rao, B-235 Adarsh Nagar,
Kusmunda, Korba. (C.G) 495454
Mob: 919425537339
Email: rrmuddada@gmail.com.

Posted by on

1 Answer

Nothing, its scrap. You may be able to patch up the rust spots if not too bad with enamel paint but its not recommended.

Posted on Mar 18, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

The white ceiling coat has come away and is falling off. Microwave is out of guarantee. Have I any come back on this. Also, is this dangerous?


Is this by chance a Samsung Microwave?? I just answered a similar question with a picture right before this. In the other post, it looked like the Micro was either painted while it was already rusted or it is rusting from the inside out into the cavity where you cook food. In either case, regardless of age, I would contact the manufacturer and explain to them that this could be a factory defect. Safety issue would be possible paint/rust flakes in uncovered food. If manufacturer puts you off, contact Better Business Bureau.

Mar 30, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

There is rust inside the microwave, ist it still safe to use


if the unit starts to spark then you can buy microwave paint but if it goes through the door or the base then a professonal repair is best,clean the rust with rubbing paper and coat with thin layers let each one dry and build up a good layer of paint,hope this helps.

Dec 11, 2012 | Goldstar Gold Star Er710m 1.35 Cu Ft...

2 Answers

The metal is showing inside. The white coating is pealing. Is this dangerous?


The peeling of the white coating inside of the microwave oven is dangerous in terms of creating a fire hazard and potentially contaminating the food you cook within it. This can be prevented by cleaning up all splatters and spills immediately before using the microwave oven again. You can fix the peeling by replacing the microwave oven or repairing it. To repair it, you will have to remove the peeling coating and then repaint the interior of the microwave with paint that is designed for microwaves in general. Though, if you do this, you will have to let the paint dry up for at least 24 hours. I hope this helps you!

Feb 10, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The top of the oven (inside) has blistered and the rollers are marking the base. Also the oven is making a noise as the plate rotates.


If the oven is working with good heat all you need is to have the machine serviced. the ceramic coating of paint on the inside of the microwave must have corroded and so the blisters can happen. Due to this the smooth surface within is lost and so the roller make a higher noise.
Take the micro wave and clean and scrap off all blisters before a good coat of ceramic/nonmetalic paint is used.

May 18, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Coating inside oven has de-laminated and rust is forming under coating. Warranty?


Hello spark... no warranty unless the microwave is under 1 year. If there is a lot of rust and delamination you are best off to replace this oven.

The problem with delamination is that it exposes bare metal and can result in dangerous arcing.

If it is not real bad, sand off the rust and spray paint it with microwave cavity spray paint available at this link http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=8338&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Joe

Thanks for choosing Fixya!

Feb 20, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My sisters has a Sharp microwave r-403hw was manufactured july 2003 my question is how long are you allowd to keep a microwave for and if the inside chips from the paint is still ok to cook food in it or...


As long as the microwave oven is working to heat or cook according to the program set , the micro wave can be used safely. Now if there is any chipping of the paint within the oven chamber, then you can re-coat the inside with non conducting ceramic paint.
However if there is no issue if there is no damage to the inside or to the working of the microwave as you can use the oven till it fails to heat.

Jan 25, 2011 | Sharp R-403HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a Spacesaver Microwave (manufactured 1988) that still seems to work ok, but I noticed on teh back wall under the glass tray the coating has rusted away. Should I continue to use this microwave?


Hi,

As long as the oven's metal bottom is sound underneath the rust, there isn't a problem. The cooking chamber walls are so thick and highly conducting that they reflect the microwaves extremely well even when they have a little rust on them. However, if the metal is so rusted that it loses most of its conductivity in the rust sites, you'll get local heating across the rusty patches and eventually leakage of microwaves. If you're really concerned that there may be trouble, run the microwave oven empty for about 20 seconds and then (carefully!) touch the rusty spots. If they aren't hot, then the metal underneath is doing its job just fine.

Thanks.

Jun 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Bulb broke away from its screw base in oven


Please unplug the oven's power cord first!

This is pretty common and can be a pain. It's sometimes tacked in place with hot glue, and sometimes there may have been enough moisture to corrode and seize up.


You could heat it up (hair dryer, maybe?) then use needle nose pliers. Be careful if heating so you don't burn anything.

You may be able to put the tips of needle nose pliers inside the broken bulb's socket, gently but firmly force the pliers jaws apart and then rotate the pliers to loosen it.

Another cool trick is to put a big glob of hot glue on the end of a stick or dowel, then shove it into the broken base and let it cool about 5 minutes, then turn the stick.

I like to put a little WD-40 or rust buster on the threads of the new bulb, too. Grease, Vaseline, cooking oil, or anything like that will work. Just a thin coat.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Dec 19, 2008 | Kenmore 63672 Convection/Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Rust inside the microwave.


The areas can be sanded and painted, but first make sure there are no holes rusted through. If it's all surface rust, then sand and clean as best as you can. If you have any areas rusted through - get rid of the microwave.
Use the paint sparingly - don't try to cover in one or two coats. Best results are obtained with very, very light coats drying 10 minutes or so (depending on the humidity) in between. 10- 15 coats usually works well.
It's best to do this outside, as you'll have lots of overspray.

As far as the paint - the best I've used for the last 20 years or so comes from A.M.I. Parts. You can find them @ www.amiparts.com or toll free 1-800-522-1264.

Jul 04, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Used tefle coated tin micro+convection oven


There are some times when it is ok to use metallic stuff in a microwave. This is probably one of them. But you won't get the manufacturer to agree. Metal concentrates the microwave energy making a strong enough local electric field to cause sparks and heat. Usually burns that spot. Do you have one of those popcorn cookers for microwaves? Works by heating a special pad in the bottom just right.
What the manufacturer is saying in the warning is:
Don't sue us if you use metal in this oven and something goes wrong.

Feb 07, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

61 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Are you a Samsung Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...