We are trying to upgrade the nortel 1140E SIP phone from 06A4XC39 to 0625C1B. Change cfg file and sipcfg file, put in new bin file on the tftp server, when the the phone is rebooted it comes back with the error (FW failed no signature found) don't get it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello, depending on the status of the call the buttons will change automatically. Be aware that you may not be the initiator of the call so you may not have all the features. I hope this helps. If not you may contact me at: http://www.liveperson.com/nortel-guy
First I will suggest you to upgrade the Firmware....check the ringer tune and volume is OK ... or try pressing Feature key * 6 and Press 1,2,3,4 or next to hear different type of ring types .....Press OK to save it....Now Try....Further result please let us know...Thanks for being with Fixya....Good Luck
This means the phone cannot find its <mac>.cfg file on the boot server, and does not have one loaded in its own flash memory. You will need to configure a boot server to host the SIP software, BootROM, and all the config files (these are included in with the SIP software). You can download these from Polycom's product support page: http://www.polycom.com/support/voice/soundpoint_ip/soundpoint_ip330_320.html
1. Reset the phone by disconnecting and re-connecting power.
2. When the Nortel logo appears, press each of the four soft keys in sequence.
3. If no other configuration changes are required, press OK repeatedly until the “PC
Port? 1-ON 0-0FF” option appears.
4. Press 1 to enable the PC Port or 0 to disable the PC Port.
5. Select OK to confirm the change.
6. Restart the IP Phone.
When the IP Phone is restarted, the firmware sets the PC Port status accordingly