Question about Homedics Sound Spa Premier SS-5000 Clock Radio
This is more of a Clarification than a solution.
I've determined that the SS-5000 is not recognizing the changes to DST that happened in 2007.
From 1986 to 2006 this was the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it is observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time.
So in March the clock is still trying to keep the "earler" time and in November it's trying to keep the 'later' time.
I'm contacting HomeMedics Support to see if there's a resolution.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
Selecting a Time Zone
1. Press the ATOMIC ON/OFF button (Fig. 3) to turn off the atomic time function.
To indicate you are at the off position, the atomic time icon (Fig. 2) will be
removed from the display.
2. Toggle through the DST/TIME ZONE button (Fig. 3) until you reach your desired
time zone. (P - Pacific Standard Time, M - Mountain Standard Time, C - Central
Standard Time, E - Eastern Standard Time)
3. Once you have selected your time zone, press the ATOMIC ON/OFF button
again to turn on the atomic time function. To indicate you are at the on position,
the atomic time time icon will reappear with flashing antenna bands. (When the
antenna bands appear flashing the unit is searching for the atomic time signal.)
4. If the atomic time icon disappears afterwards, the atomic time signal is not available
at that moment. Try setting the unit in other locations. Remember to place the unit
away from sources of interference such as mobile phones, appliances, TV etc.
5. The atomic time icon will appear on screen if the atomic time reception is successful.
(The antenna bands will stop flashing when atomic time reception is successful.)
The radio-controlled clock will have a daily synchronization at 1:00 am everyday.
If previous attempts of reception were unsuccessful, the home receiver will
attempt synchronization each hour until successful. Each reception cycle ranges
from 2 - 10 minutes.
Manual Setting of Clock
1. Press the HOUR button (Fig 1) until you reach the correct hour.
2. Press the MIN button (Fig 1) until you reach the correct minute.
3. Press the BACKLIGHT HI/LOW/OFF button (Fig 3) to adjust the backlight intensity.
Note: A PM indicator will appear in the upper left hand corner of the LCD
display during the PM hours. Be sure to set the time for the correct 12-hour
period - AM (morning) or PM (evening).
Hope all this works.--RG
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2009 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Apr 05, 2009 | Emerson SmartSet CKS1850 Clock Radio
Nov 04, 2008 | RCA RP5430 Clock Radio
Mar 10, 2008 | Emerson SmartSet CKS1850 Clock Radio
Mar 09, 2008 | Emerson SmartSet CKS1850 Clock Radio
Nov 06, 2007 | Zenith Z230S Clock Radio
Apr 02, 2007 | Timex T311T Clock Radio
Mar 11, 2007 | Emerson SmartSet CKS1850 Clock Radio
Sep 24, 2014 | Homedics Sound Spa Premier SS-5000 Clock...
864 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!