I have had a cx5400 for quite some while now and apart from a few little probs due to its age it has gone very well.Until recently that is when I had to move the unit to decorate and when re connecting afterwards it refuses to switch on or rather it switches on the power to the machine but comes up with the message Printer Error refer to your manual or cantact an engineer and promptly refuses to go any further.I would really appreciate your help guys.Jackie K
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Epson cx5400 all in one printer error
This resolution, the only working one I could find for the generic "Printer Error" message, was posted by FixYa user willyinfcva:
"I downloaded the Epson CX5400 manual from 2manuals.com, and the remedies for the printer error light were plain and fell into 5 categories; print or carriage motor ohms out of spec (not likely), a latch holding the paper eject mechanism not locked down, or one of the sensors for head or paper position not functioning properly. Confident with this new information, I aerodusted both sensors, cleaned a smudge off the CR alignment strip behind the head carriage, and also reseated the head for good luck, as I'd had it out before. I ran a test and ... it worked!"
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What is the error message? SCANNER ERROR? If that is what you getting, turn printer off then open scanner cover- on the left hand side there is a toggle log for scanner, position it to unlock then turn printer on then try scanning/copying again.
if your having a different error message pls indicate the exact error that you are getting.
Once you start the ink cartridge reclamp procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the EPSON Stylus CX5400 is turned on and not printing.
2. Press a MENU button until you see CHANGE CARTRIDGE, then press the COLOR COPY BUTTON. The ink cartridges will move to the replacement position.
3. Lift up the unit's cover, to access the ink cartridges.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, and lift it out of the printer.
5. Lower the cartridge back into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place.
Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, as you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
6. Carefully lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. The EPSON Stylus CX5400 begins charging the ink delivery system.
The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus CX5400 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on steady.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus CX5400 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus CX5400 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
if the issue still persists - you need to call the vendor - it´s a hardware issue
Dont know how it is in the good old US but here in UK - Epson have this super 'swap out' scheme for the more complex devices that die out of warranty.
What we do - is to phone Epson and tell them the tale. they will then offer to send FedEx with a new printer and you give the driver your old one
all for a quick flash of your plastic friend.
If they do it - go for it.