Question about Dacor DMT2420 1200 Watts Microwave Oven
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.
The part would be much cheaper if you get the Sharp version (these ovens are made by Sharp) instead of the Dacor branded part.
The model DMT2420 is essentially the same as model R440D / R540D.
The Sharp part number is PCOVPB085MRP0 (zero on the end) and you can order Sharp parts from Tritronics at http://www.wehaveparts.com
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Mar 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2017 | Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens
If there is spark please do not switch on
unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is
leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is
quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When
you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the
long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Click on replacing waveguides: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html
Jan 29, 2013 | Bosch 500 HMB5050 Microwave Oven
Sep 10, 2017 | Maytag MMV5100A Microwave Oven
May 03, 2010 | Sharp R-930AK Convection/Microwave Oven
Apr 10, 2010 | Sharp R-820B Convection/Microwave Oven
Mar 28, 2010 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Jun 20, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
May 28, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 22, 2009 | Sharp R-820B Convection/Microwave Oven
Feb 26, 2008 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven
644 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: