- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your PS2 works fine with most
of the games and won’t play a few..Then you should try this trick to play them
too on your PS2:
Turn on your PS2 without
inserting any disc.
Menu screen will
Press the (triangle) Button to enter Version
Information Menu that looks like
Highlight the Play Station
Driver as above and again press (triangle).
New screen will appear like
Highlight the Disc Speed
as above and press X button,to enter Disc Speed Menu
And set it from Standard to
After you set Disc Speed to Fast,Press and HoldReset Button to turn off your console.
Then again Press and Hold Reset
Button till the Blue Light turns on.
Remove the Reset Button and
Press it again.
patient and wait till thegame loads itself. If your lens is in good condition then
it will play game in first go else try again till it PLAY your game. If still
your Grand Turismo 4 DVD wont work then you must clean your PS2 lens.Watch following video to learn about cleaning lens: Thank you and Good Luck!
First try using a DVD lens cleaner on the unit and check the game disks for imperfections. If scratches use a scratch fix kit. If the problem still happens even with a new game then your DVD drive needs to be replaced or just buy a refurbished or new PS2. They are cheap now so why not get a new one. Good luck
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not load the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted
it might be a problem in the wiring which would have to be fixed by an expert. also you could tey cleaning the disk tray using a compressed air can. you can find these cans at most place like walmart or electronic stores.
there isnt and auto load the game has to work and already be in the system for it to work if your ps2 is slow it will go to the browser is loading it up oh and the loading disk thing mine will not play gran turismo 4 but while it was loading i tipped it on its side and it went
I do believe its a problem with the disk. The disk may not be scratched or anything but it could possibly something internally wrong with it. I'd take the disk back and exchange it. Hope this helped! Have a great day!