Garmin GPS - suddenly has no sound - it just cut out
When listening to an audio book the sounds suddenly went on my garmin 650 gps. i've turned it off and on, recharged it, removed the memory card and put it back. still no sound. what could have happened? can i fix this or do i need to return it?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: garmin GPS - suddenly has no sound - it just cut out
1. Are you sure the volume setting is all the way up?
2. Are you sure the sound isn't muted?
3. Have you tried a pair of headphones in the headphone jack? If the headphones have sound, your internal speaker is bad. If you don't feel like sending it back for repair, you can purchase a FM transmitter like those used on IPODs and CDplayers and plug into your GPS's headphone jack and play the audio through your car's FM stereo.
4. If you don't hear sound from the headphone jack, most likely the audio output section is defective and you'll need to send it back to Garmin to be repaired.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
no sound ? does it have sound with turn by turn? can you hear sound with a headset plugged in..
try a few of these to resolve ....... on main menu press the Volume Icon... is it Muted, if not on that page do you see FM Trans....press it ....under FM Transmitter is it checked? if so uncheck it only have a checkmark in it if you use your radio station to listen to your gps on your car speakers
now if that is all ok then try..... Tools.... Settings....Language.... under Voice tab select one that ends with ( TTS ) text to speech
Brand new device with a manufacturer provided upgrade and it doesnt work? - return it, or contact Garmin directly for a fix. If you start fooling with it, they will not help you. http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us
This is a common problem that I have repaired hundreds of times. It's caused by a defective, intermittent speaker. If you listen to the sound through the headphone jack, you'll find that the sound is good.
I have the same problem with my Nuvi 350. It's only about 2 months old and the sound went. I turned it on the other day to use it and the sound did not sound right, it sounded like the speaker was blown. I turned it off and turned it back on and that was it, the sound was gone. I did everything possible and can't get the sound to come back. I called Garmin and now I have to send it in for repair. I looked around the web and noticed that Garmins have big issues with the sound going on the units. I hope they fix that issue.