Question about Samsung PCL545R 54" Rear Projection Television
My brother-in-law's 54 in. Samsung PCL 545R frequently turns itself off. Me and him took off the screen, and the back cover only to find it was very dirty inside, no noticeable problems, not like we know what we are looking for anyways. This problem happens roughly 75% of the time we try to use it, the other 25% of the time we can play it all day with no problems. He bought the television from a couple that are very heavy smokers, could that somehow have affected the television? (When we opened it up it reeked of smoke, and the mirror inside was very dirty from, I'm assuming, the smoke, also, inside the back the electronics were caked in dust. We cleaned it, problem still persists) When it turns itself off we hear a small click, and then it just turns off, after that we unplug it for about 5 mins and then plug it back in and it will work for maybe 3 mins. before turning off again.
Could there be a shortage somewhere? or a bad solder?
We really don't know what to look for. Also, I tried finding a diagram of this television somewhere, or a tech manual. Is there one someone can send me, or know where I could get one?
I have the same TV, PCL541R. It kept shutting off & the other day my picture quit but you could still hear the sound.At this point all that I have discovered was a bad cap on the power board, AA41- 00342A. The problem so far is the cap is a 2200uf 250wv and I can't find one, the big problem seems to be the 250wv part.
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
Manual can be found on www.eserviceinfo.com
(you have to download all 3 rar files)
I have a PCL5415R exhibiting a similar problem, have not dug into it yet but my set also has convergence problems. I'm suspecting that I have a transistor going out somewhere as it will often turn off while trying to do the perfect picture function.
Posted on Apr 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2009 | Samsung Televison & Video
Sep 18, 2009 | JVC AV-56WP74 56" Rear Projection...
Aug 20, 2009 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 12, 2009 | Samsung PCL541R 54" Rear Projection...
Oct 10, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 29, 2008 | Akai PT5492S 54" Rear Projection...
322 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: