- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Voice mails are set up from the phone company. Your phone has no control over the voice mailing service other than assigning a speed dial to it. You should call your phone company on their customer service number and they will tell your the number to call for setting up your voice mail box.
Hi,If your account is enabled for voice mail, you can receive voice messages in your Inbox and also in a text message on your mobile phone. Both the message in your Inbox and the text message will include a preview of the voice message in text. How do I set up voice mail?
1. Go to https://outlook.com to sign in to your mailbox, go to Options > Voice Mail tab, and then click Set Up Now. 2. When you set up your voice mail: * You'll register your mobile phone number. * Text messaging is set up. You can choose to be notified in a text message that you have voice mail or have missed a call. * Call forwarding is set up so that your mobile provider forwards calls you receive to your voice mail. So if you don't answer your phone, your phone is busy, or you're unreachable or unavailable, the caller will be sent to your voice mail. After your personal greeting is played, the caller can leave a voice message for you. * You can test whether your voice mail has been set up correctly by dialing your mobile phone number from your mobile phone. This verifies that call forwarding is correctly set up with your mobile provider.
How do I change my voice mail after I've set it up?
After you've finished setting up voice mail, you may want to:
* Change the mobile provider's voice mail number so you can use the key your provider has reserved for accessing voice mail to access your voice mail. For details about how to do this, see Changing the Number You Call to Access Your Voice Mail. * Create a contact on your mobile phone. For details about how to do this, see Create a Contact for Voice Mail. * Assign a speed dial key to the contact you create for Outlook Web App voice mail. For details about how to do this, see Set Up Speed Dialing for Voice Mail.
What else do I need to know?
* The voice mail service is available only to certain customers in certain regions. If you can use voice mail, you'll see a welcome message in your Inbox telling you how to set up voice mail for your account.
if you already have contacts in your phone book and you have follow the set up info given...its just like retrieving your voice mail you normally would press the number "1" key...lets give it a test run press the number 5 key down for a second or two and release...it should be dialing whoever is in the the #5 spot...you just place your first speed dial....try it again lets call that number 9 ...note you can always change the positions (callers) in your speed dial..just simply go to the phone book to who you want to replace (eg.you want replace Debbie #4, go to Sam... options/speed dial/ #4 this will over ride who is in that position)
Is voice Mailbox setup? Have you enabled voice messages in menu. Should be able to press and hold 1 to connect to your voice mailbox...that phone number is automatically programmed on speed dial, key 1
Setting Up Your Voice Mail from page 10 in your manual: Voice mail allows callers to leave voice messages, which can be retrieved any time.
Note: Once your voice mail account has been set up, you can use the Voice Mail folder (under the Message menu) to view details of voice messages in your voice mail box.
1. In idle mode, press and hold the key or dial your own mobile number to dial voice mail.
2. Follow the prompts in the new user tutorial to setup your mail box.
Listen to voice mail 1. In idle mode, press and hold the key or dial your own mobile number to dial voice mail. After connecting, you will hear your voice greeting. 2. Interrupt your greeting by pressing . 3. You are then prompted to enter your password.
Hope this helps, let me know if I can help you with anything else. It would be very kind of you if this does work for you to please rate me or leave a short note. I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time. JimmyC
Just figured this out (though a lot of people seem to have tried giving an answer without seeing if it works.
Setting speed dial numbers doesn't allow you to choose one for the voice mailbox. Go to Messages -> Voice Mailbox Number (option 12). There you can change the number.
If you have voice mail on a land line as opposed to your cellular phone, you shouldn't have an icon on your cellular phone to retrieve any but the voice mail on your cellular account. If there is a special phone number that you call to retrieve your land line voice mail, then dial it, and enter whatever codes are required to retrieve your land line voice mail.
I had the same problem and found that the speed dial feature in "settings" is not turned on by default even though voice mail number is pre-programed into the speed speed list. Go to "Settings & Tools/Call Settings/One Touch Dial" and turn the option on. Cheers, Don Devine