- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You are probably trying to format a micro-SD card that is greater than 2GB eg, micro-SDHC (High Capacity) of 4GB or bigger are not supported by 'older' devices. Stick to 1Gb or 2Gb standard microSD cards for your device.
[Extra Hardwares Needed]
1. MicroSD card
2. "Micro-B" USB data cable
[Procedure - either PC or Mac]
1. Disconnect USB cable (if you connected already)
2. In Xenon phone
Settings -> More -> Connection -> USB Connection
-> (select) Mass Storage
Note: If you don't do this, you will get an error message
"Unable to use liscense. TRy again after formatting memory card."
3. Insert MicroSD card into Xenon phone slot
4. Connect Xenon phone to PC (or Mac) using USB cable
5. If MicroSD is not accessible as a disk drive, then
(1) remove the MicroSD from Xenon
(2) format the MicroSD from PC
(3) retry step# 3 & 4
6. You can drag & drop your folders and/or files (.mp3 or .m4a only)
into the MicroSD card
7. Disconnect Xenon phone from PC then go to "AT&T Music" -> "Music Player"
Note: All features work except for "Playlists"
8. If you want "Playlists", you need to use Windows Media Player and sync.
iTunes doesn't work since it doesn't allow other devices than iPod.
This means that you cannot use Mac to create/sync the playlist.
i recently got the samsung gravity as well and had a 4gb card for it and got the same problem.... from what i have found its not the size of the card its that the phone does not support the (HC - high capicity) micro sd card. I went down and bought a regular 2gb microsd card and popped it in and it works fine. also all you have to do to put music on the card is drag(from your pc) and drop into the music folder(on the sd card). hope this helps. have a great day!!