- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
as ive told others, make sure u actually turn off the software program that came with the computer before using with msn! u should be able to have it on while using it but for some reason some computers wont allow it! it "tells itself" that there are 2 programs trying to run the web cam when really only one is. but because the program is on, it sees it as being used in 2 places at 2 different times!
try turning off and exiting the software (dell webcam manager) and then go onto msn and try using ur web cam!! make sure the dell manager is exited, then when u have a msn window open, turn the cam on and see if ur friends can see u then..
good luck.. if this doesnt work ill check back and see what i can do for you!
This might be a compatibility problem between your webcam drivers with the new Windows Live Messenger program. You may want to:
1. Update your webcam drivers and see if Windows Live Messenger can detect it when you run the Audio Video setup from its Tools menu.
2. Or you can downgrade back to the older version of Windows Live Messenger which is compatible for your camera. Doing this however also requires that you uninstall all the Windows Live Beta products from your computer.
Note: You will not see a separate Windows Live Messenger on your Add/Remove programs, instead you will either see there Windows Live Beta products or Windows Live Essentials.
You can download the older versions of Windows Live Messenger from:
The type of pc is not as important as the type of webcam at this point. The story also needs more details.
If you had a Logtec webcam and at first it only worked with its custom made software, what did you do to make it work with MSN? ---------------- Based of the info provided, I would 1. uninstall all cam software while the cam is unpluged,
2. Reboot the pc. Then plug the cam in.
3. When windows detects the cam, it will ask for drivers, do not click on search on windows update website, click the option to choose from a specific location and then browse to the cd provided.
4. Try and load msn now. The msn website or the cam company sometimes have a patch to make the cam and the messenger work together. I would check the cam website before looking around the microsoft site.