Have been trying various 'press reset/press power/hold down both/release one/press 3 times' etc suggestions, but none seem to work.
Can anyone assist please?
I guess even if I was able to get to these elusive absorber pads and remove/clean/replace them, as there's no 'sensor' creating the error message - rather a pre-set by Canon 'time-out' - then it would still say the pads are full?!
This modern throw away world is depressing, why aren't things built to last, why do these big companies get away with presetting things to break down just after the guarantee expires so as to charge us more money to get fixed/buy another new product? You'd think that at least the save the environment mood would force them to have to do better?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Resetting The waste ink absorber is almost full message on Canon pixma IP3000.
1: Power off printer 2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once. 3: Hold POWER and release RESUME 4: Press RESUME twice 5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME 3 times. The indicator should be orange. 6: Press Power to set data.
The absorber is at the bottom of the printer but you don't have to clean it. Even cleaning will not make the printer work. All you have to do is reset the ink tank counter. Here is the procedure:
1. Turn off the printer. 2. holding down Resume/Cancel press POWER - indicator goes on green. 3. release
Resume/Cancel, continuing to hold down POWER. 4. press button
Resume/Cancel 2 times holding POWER, then release all
buttons. 5. when the indicator illuminates GREEN - press button
Resume/Cancel four times 6. turn off printer pressing POWER.
Well, at some point you will need to either replace or wash the absorber pads in the printer - but you can reset the warning as follows:
1) Turn the printer off
2) Press and hold the <resume>button
3) Press and hold the <power> button
4) While holding down <power> release <resume>
5) With the power button still held down, press <resume> twice more
6) Release the power button
7) Press and release the <resume> button 4 times
8) Press and release the <power> button twice
At this point, the printer should come back online with the waste ink warning reset
Personally, I would only do this once before actually changing the ink absorber pad...
Ink Counter Reset. Manual for Service mode 1.
Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.)
should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator
(L.E.D.) should be green
6. Release both buttons
since canon printers need service tool to reset the waste ink counter, i suggest that you bring your printer to an authorized service center in your area to have them reset the waste absorber counter and clean it as well.
Just Enter in Service Mode of your printer and clean absorbers count. To enter in SERVICE MODE 1) Power off Printer 2) Push and hold "Resume" button and then push and hold "Power" button 3) Hold the Power button, then release and 2 times press Resume button 4) Led indicators must change 5) Release all buttons 6) Then printer in Service Mode (If something wrong, repeat 1-6)
To clean absorber counter, 7) Press "Resume" Button 4 Times and after press Power button. It's all! Your absorber count is EMPTY!
In SERVISE MODE you can do several useful things: To print Service Nozzles test, press "Resume" 1 time and press Power To print EEPROM data, press Resume 2 times and press Power.
DO NOT press Resume 3 times and POWER. It will reset some EEPROM data settings
Any Question mail me: ossipenko(prettydoggy)gmail.com
another solution for a quick override is to unplug the power lead from the back of the printer. With one hand hold down the power button on the printer whilst simultaneously plugging back in the power lead. When the light is back on, take your finger off the power button. You may need to press the power button once more, but this should 'override' the problem until the next time you turn your printer off.
This is the REAL working method of manually resetting Canon ip1880 - ip 1980.
1. Unplug the POWER cord.
2. Press & hold the power button.
3. Connect the power cord WHILE holding the power button.
4. Keep on holding the power button for about 30 seconds.
5. Release the power button. The printer should be turned off.
6. Turn the printer on and that's it!
NOTE: You have to do this every time you turn on your printer. Or you will get the waste pad full error.