Question about Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven
I would say a cooktop lamp got shorted by the moisture.
Assuming your circuit breaker is good, the main problem would probably be a blown 15A or 20A ceramic fuse inside the unit.
Once that's replaced, if the hood lights and /or exhaust fan still don't work, then your control panel would need to be repaired, which we do for $39.95 nationwide.
If you or someone you know decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
If and when you remove or install cooktop lamps, the power to the oven must be unplugged or turned off at the breaker.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2016 | Frigidaire Over-the-Range Microwave
Mar 13, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Jun 28, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1310W/B Microwave Oven
May 24, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 27, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Mar 29, 2009 | Sharp R-510HW Microwave Oven
Mar 11, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Nov 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 23, 2007 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Sep 09, 2007 | Goldstar MV-1320W/B Microwave Oven
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: