Fix my computer from black screen for free
Here is the solution for your answer.Please follow the below steps to fix your problem.
1. Check for loose electrical and VGA cables. Remove the electric cord from the back of the monitor, then put it back in place. Remove the VGA cable from the computer and monitor and put it back in place. Make sure the connection is tight. If you're using a cable extender, remove it.
2. Plug the monitor's electric cord into a different outlet. If you're using a UPS or surge protector, plug it directly into a wall outlet.
3. Attach the monitor to a different computer. If the monitor still doesn't work, replace the monitor's cable. Make sure the cable is less than 5 feet long. If it still doesn't work, the monitor will need to be replaced or repaired. If it works with no problem on the other computer, troubleshoot your video card.
4. Unplug your computer from the monitor and power outlet. Remove the cover. Pull the video card out of the slot on the system board. Push it back into place. Be sure the connection is secure.
5. Put the CD that came with your video card into your computer's CD-ROM drive. Follow the directions to reinstall the video card drivers. Download a new version of the drivers from the manufacturer's website if necessary.
6. Right-click a blank area of your Desktop. Choose "Properties" from the display menu. Click the "Settings" tab. Try different screen resolutions to resolve the problem.
7. Determine whether the problem is caused by electrical interference. Electrical interference will make the monitor appear jumpy or wavy. Move any speakers, radios, fans or other items that can cause electrical interference away from the monitor.
Hope the above information will be helpful to you.
Thanks for using Fixya.
Nov 18, 2010 |