Question about Computers & Internet
No problem JLW63.
Did you follow the instructions (how to unpack the printer).
There are many parts that must be removed before you can hook up & run the printer?
1. Click the start button, & open Control Panel. Once opend click Add/Remove programs. In the list of programs (one at a time), uninstall your old printers ( ones not connected to your PC). Re-start the PC once all old printer have been uninstalled.
2. When windows has finished loading take your CD for the Brother HL-2170W & put it into the cdrom. ( if the Brother screen does not open don't worry about it).
3. Click the Start button, than click Run. Click the Browse button. The Browse window will open. See the words, Look in: to it's right is a window & to the right of the window is a drop down button, click it once. A list will open, you will see some folders & some icons. One Icon will have what looks like a CD on it & it may have the word Brother listed under it or to it's right. (Click it once.)
4. Another list of folders will show up. Click once on the file that reads, setup.exe. Than click ( Open ) in the bottom right hand corner of that window.
5. Sit back & the CD will start installing the Brother CD software. Stay at your computer because you will need to enter information from time to time when asked. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Have a good day & enjoy your new printer!
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
I wouldn't worry about turning the printer on and connecting it, that's just to avoid picking up generic drivers before you install the ones from the disk.
It's possible your installation CD is faulty. Follow these steps:
1) Download the latest drivers from the address below and install them.
2) Connect your printer with pc off and turn both the pc and printer on. Windows should automatically install the drivers. If not then open device manager and install from there.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Oct 22, 2009 | Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer
Sep 05, 2009 | Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer
Sep 02, 2009 | Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer
Dec 06, 2008 | Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!