Question about HP Deskjet 840 InkJet Printer
I have been using HP840c printer for pretty long time. Recently I found on my print outs at two places i get horizontal white streaks which mars the nice printout. It happens in colour as well as black prints.I did clean the steel rollers and internals for dirt /dust but still they appear. Could someone tell me the solution for this?
It seems scaling marks on encoder strip/round encoder may not be readable or damage at particular place, that may result in such problem
Posted on Mar 21, 2008
It seems to me that your print driver has become corrupt. You will need to reinstall it to restore it to it's previous functional state.
Since you need to reinstall the driver, I suggest;
Kind regards and thanks for using the FixYa service
Posted on Mar 17, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2013 | HP OfficeJet V40 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 29, 2012 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Jun 28, 2012 | Lexmark S305 IMPACT LEXS All-In-One...
Aug 11, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office...
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 03, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare Thermal Photo Printer
Nov 05, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jun 20, 2018 | Konica Minolta bizhub Office Equipment &...
1,049 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: