1.) Pls. use the software for your wi fi adapter, connected on desktop to connect to the wireless lan.
2.) microsoft: This behavior occurs for several reasons. Some computer and hardware manufacturers provide their own configuration software that replaces the Wireless Zero Configuration service that is provided in Windows. In that case, you must use the software that is provided by the manufacturer to configure your wireless network. If you want to use the Wireless Network Setup Wizard or the View Available Wireless Networks feature to configure your wireless device, see the documentation that came with your computer or with your wireless network card. Use this documentation to determine whether you can use the Wireless Zero Configuration service to configure your wireless network. Sometimes, you cannot use the Windows functionality.
If your computer or your wireless network adapter did not come with its own wireless network software, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click Network Connections.
- In Network Connections, click to select your wireless connection, and then click Change settings of this connection.
- On the Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings check box.
To start the Wireless Zero Configuration service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.
- Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
- In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
- In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.