Thanks for the reply, I did get the solution from Panasonic support group (worked!). Here they are:
1. Unplug the AC Adaptor from the back of the main base. 2. Hold down the LOCATOR button, while plugging the AC Adaptor back. 3. Once the base indicator lights come back on, release the Locator button. 4. After less than 5 seconds, hold down the LOCATOR button again until you get a long beep.
After doing the above procedure, you may then register your handsets to the base unit by following the instructions on page 39 of the manual
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should try resetting both the base and handset but removing their power supply/batteries and then reconnecting their power supply/batteries. You can also check and see if there is a registration option on the handset that will re-link it with the base. Could just be broken though!
The handset may have unregistered from the phone. The instructions to reregister it are in the manual, but I'll list them here for you.
1. On the handset, press MENU 001 2. On the base unit For models KX-TG6021/KX-TG6022/KX-TG6023 Press and hold LOCATOR until the IN USE indicator flashes. For models KX-TG6051/KX-TG6052/KX-TG6053/KX-TG6054 Press and hold LOCATOR/INTERCOM until the IN USE indicator flashes. After the IN USE indicator starts flashing, the rest of the procedure must be completed within 1minute. 3. Press OK on the handset, then wait until a beep sounds. 4. Press OFF on the handset.
Cancel the old handsets registration at the previous base unit if desired.
For additional handsets, you must register each of them at the new base unit. Only one handset can be registered at a time. A handset will be assigned anextension number at registration. Make sure the base unit and the other handsets are not being used. Program the same way as the extra handset you bought.
holding down end+# keys at the same time on the phone for about 10
secs (you will hear a beep) will deregister the handset. If you have a
dead handset and want to deregister it from the base, you have to reset
the base. unplug the phoneline and power. hold down the "delete
message" key, plug power back in. about 10 secs later, you will hear a
long beep (theres a short beep upon powerup as well). At this point all
handsets are deregistred and you will have to reregister them with the
end+# trick. this way when #1 handset is dead, you can make a working
one #1 and get the broken one fixed
BTW, this is a woot warranty, not uniden warranty. however the
uniden rep gave me the number to the people who refurb (rox0rz!) these.
I'll post an update when I finally get ahold of them (and the number if
its actually helpful)
I have a Panasonic KX-TG6700 base unit and KX-TGA670B handsets. We had a similar problem where we were no longer able to deregister the handset using the handset itself. We wanted to be able to use that slot that the broken phone was still occupyng. The solution that we found in the manual online was to hold down the intercom button for 3 seconds until the "in use" light turned on. Then press and hold the number of the extension you want to deregister until it beeps. At this point the base unit has freed that extension.
press function button on handset, scroll to initial setting, select by pressing right arrow, scroll to registration, select, select hs registration, follow directions on handset display, pressing mute on "new" base station, and ok on handset(plugged in). If you like, you can unregister with the "old" base unit first.