I am trying to install a new hard drive on a compaq armada e500. It looks like I need an adaptor to connect the pins on the hard drive to the computer?
am I missing a part?
I don't have a caddy, where can I find a caddy for this?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This e500 has USB1.0 and transfer rate will be slow. If you use Win 98 then install the USB driver (get on web) first. Install software then plug in the USB lead from the crw-785 and don't forget to plug in the DC adaptor for the drive, (e500 USB port does not have enough power to run external drives other than some older thumbdrives).
I can't understand how your computer even works with only 64Megs. of RAM.
Look at the system requirements on the wireless. It will tell you the min. required memory for your device.
Hope this has helped you.
Did you change the '1st boot' drive to the optical drive?
If you haven't, you need to enter the BIOS setup and change from C: to whatever your optical drive is named and then change it back once the operating system is installed on the C: drive.
First tell that which O/S it had earlier coz armada e500 notebook comes with 64 MB RAM and 12 GB HARD DISK , had you upgraded your notebook with RAM AND HARD DISK . If not then check the hard disk space you have left in the notebook
First tell that which O/S it had earlier coz armada e500 notebook comes with 64 MB RAM and 12 GB HARD DISK , had you upgraded your notebook with RAM AND HARD DISK .
If not then check the hard disk space you have left in the notebook.
If it were my laptop here is what I would do:
1. Install a new hard drive.
2. Install the operating system.
3. After an anti-virus program was installed and updated, I would connect the old hard drive to the laptop using one of those external USB hard drive adapter cables.
4. If the old drive proves to be readable, copy documents/photos/bookmarks to the new hard drive.
Hope this helps.