Question about Motherboards
I recently bought a amd athlon 64 x2 4800+ dual core combo
motherboard=ECS K8M890M-M DDR2-800 PCI-e SATA
cpu= AMD Athlon 64 x2 S.AM2 4800+Dual Core
memory=OCZ PC 6400 4GB (2GB Dual CH x2) vista upgrade
video card=XFX GeForce 8600 GT
hardrive=250 GB SATA150 7200RPM
so anyways i took it out of the box and nothing it starts up but get no display image or no beep that i usually here in my old comp. i called the company which was no help so here i am. hope u can help.
Just now at work experienced this problem:
brand new mobo from tthe box cpu in, mem in, all in ok,
nothin powers up, ok psu thermaltake 400 watt, thought the psu is dead but, not , is alive,
checked psu, not even one scratch on any mobo contacts, seriously,, cpu also new from the box,
please help i'd lo9ve to get help right now, hlep apprecitaed :)
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
Few things to check first:
a/ Are both power connectors from PSU to motherboard connected?
b/ Ise the PSU connected to the GPU?
c/ Have you tried monitor connector in both of the GPU ports on back of the tower?
Maybe those're daft questions but it's easier to start with the simple solutions :o)
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
try taking 1 stick of ram off the motherboard, and boot up with 1 stick in slot 1 or 2.
You should get some beeps, 1 is system Ok.
3 is usually RAM/Graphics problems.
Also try booting with the motherboard setup disk in the CD Drive, it may be looking for files to initialise the Board.
And the obvious, check that all cabling is correct from mainboard to front panel. Power on/off Reset et,c.
View the user manual to see if the board has any jumper/dip switch settings for different configurations.
Mike @ compurepair.
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2012 | ECS KN1 EXTREME Socket 939/nFroce...
Sep 11, 2012 | MSI Motherboards
Jul 03, 2011 | EliteGroup ECS MCP61MM3 (V10) AM3 NVIDIA...
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Motherboards
Oct 07, 2010 | Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 - Motherboard - ATX...
Jun 29, 2010 | ASUS A8V-VM Motherboard
Mar 24, 2010 | ASUS M3A78-CM AMD 780V AM2+ Phenom FX /...
Nov 28, 2009 | Biostar NF61S MICRO AM2 SE...
Jun 01, 2009 | AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939 Chaintech S1689...
Sep 07, 2008 | EliteGroup ECS A780GM-A Motherboard - AMD...
923 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!