How do i remove the key board
How to replace your Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 laptop keyboard ?
It's easy to break the flimsy keys on laptop. In order to better protect the Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 notebook keyboard, some friends, instead, use USB keyboard. But if you work outdoors, carrying a USB keyboard is not convenient. You still have to use the laptop keyboard. Once a laptop keyboard stops working, there is no option but to replace it. You can use these steps to replace the Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 keyboard.
1. Take out the battery and AC adapter, unplugged from the wall, enusre the laptop is fully powered off.
2. Remove those screws with a T-8 or Phillips screwdriver.
3. Turn the laptop back over and open it up. Check and see if the Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 keyboard is tucked under any plastic pieces. If so, find them if those plastic pieces are screwed into anything, and unfasten them as well. If not, it probably uses clamps that can easily be removed.
4. Remove the plastic pieces carefully.
5. Unscrew any screws at the top (if necessary) and remove the keyboard itself from top to bottom. You'll notice that the keyboard is connected with a thin, but wide, data cable to the system board at the bottom.
6. Disconnect the data cable attachment of the keyboard which will sever all the remaining attachments of the laptop keyboard with the laptop computer motherboard. To remove this cable, you have to just carefully pull it out from the socket to which it is attached. Then you can lift out the entire keyboard out of the laptop.
7. Take the new Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 keyboard out of the plastic and place it inside with the right orientation, attach the data cable.
8. Refasten the keyboard in place at the top.
9. If you had to remove any plastic pieces, carefully snap them back in and replace any screws you had to remove.
10. Turn the laptop over and replace all of the keyboard screws.
11. Put the laptop battery back in place and switch it on to check Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 keyboard functionality. If everything has gone according to plan, you should be ready to type away!
You have to remember that once you open up the Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 laptop computer for keyboard replacement, the warranty provided by the manufacturer stands void. We personally suggest that you do it on your own only if you are in a really desperate situation and there is no way you can get maintenance from the manufacturer. I hope this assists you. John
Jan 26, 2011 |
Toshiba Tecra A2-S119 Notebook