TV will not turn on with or without the remote. Socket working. TV is on standby, but when button pressed on TV or remote, the on light flicks to green for a second and then reverts to red. If button is held down , this red /green light sequence flicks back and forth every second. Whats up?? Thanks Norma
unit will not turn on. green light comes on and then clicks and goes to red flashing light.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes! As you face the TV screen on the left hand side panel, the top button is the power button.......it will either turn on or to standby......if it goes to standby press one of the next 2 buttons which are the channel up and down buttons!
1) Unplug player from power socket (for 1min)
2) Connect plug to power socket
3) Using the remote, press POWER button to turn unit on.
4) Press DVD button to enter dvd-mode
5) Press the following remote buttons, in this sequence:
ENTER, 8, 4, 2, 6, 9, ENTER
If done correctly, your dvd should go into Standby mode.
6) Press POWER button to turn unit on.
"If this works, please rate this solution with thumbs up"
I also have an LG TV. I used this 4 digit code: 0742. TO PROGRAM THE remote USING THE 4 DIGIT CODE:
1. Turn your TV on.
2. Press tv on your Sky remote control.
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.
5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1.
6. Press the standby button on your Sky remote control. If your TV switches off, press select. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).
The Sky+ remote should automatically default to Sony TV's. Leave the batteries out for a few minutes and try again. The Code for Sony is 0000.
Or try this :-
With TV and sky box on.
Press the 'TV' button on the remote.
Hold down the 'select' and the 'red' button (of the four coloured buttons) together, until the red light on the remote blinks twice. (takes 2 seconds)
Press the 'TV' button again.
Now enter four zeros, the red light on the remote should blink twice.
Press the 'standby' button (top right).
If the TV turns off, then press 'select' and the light should blink twice again, job done.
If the TV does not turn off then press 'TV' followed by 'standby' again.
Alternate pressing 'TV' 'Standby' until the TV turns off.
When it does, finish by pressing 'Select.
Check the red light on the remote, if it blinks 3 times, then it has run out of options for 0000.
The remote control will not operate the TV when the TV is in the OFF mode (No LED lit on front bezel). To change the mode from OFF to STANDBY or ON, press the POWER button on the side of the TV. Once the POWER button is pressed, the LED will change to either red to indicate STANDBY or green to indicate ON, whichever mode the TV was in prior to being turned off with the TV POWER button.
By pressing the POWER button on the side of the TV, the mode will toggle from OFF to either STANDBY or ON. If the POWER button is pressed and then the LED on the bezel is red, the TV is in STANDBY mode and will need to be turned on using the remote control. If the POWER button is pressed and then the LED on the bezel is green, the TV is ON.
i was programming my television by hand because i do not have a remote to my television and i accidentally set the child lock and now my tv will not turn on what can i do to fix my tvtv is on standby, standby light is on. can turn tv on with programable remote after pressing on button several times to set code on remote. press any function button and screen says child lock is on. can't get anywhere pressing any buttons, turn tv off with on/off button and tv goes back to stand by. don't have magnavox remote any ideas?
If you can not turn on TV set with the power button on the TV its not a standby problem as this would by pass the standby. Theres most likly, on a set of this age, top have a poiwer regulator problem and is going to need a trained tech to assist you in this repair.