Help to fix my problem, please i just buying a new hdd , and put to my T3 after that .... power on password is active and i can't do anything to fix that, can you help me to through that than'ks so much
I was doit i have open my notebook and take off battere for 12 hours , take off the cmos battere for 12 hours too, but it not solve the problems, i just wondering use a PC8394T programming tools and programming ic max232 rs, but i can't get the diagram sheet for this did you can help me for this
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Does it makes any kind of sound when you boot? Is the HDD frozen or is it password protected? If it makes a clicking sound when you boot the computer then the HDD pointer inside the HDD is stuck.
If you can get to the BIOS, you can delete any password from the BIOS. If the HDD does not shows up in the BIOS, then your HDD is probably fry.
You should try www.unlockbiosrecovery.com and for $20 they will send you a bios master password that will clear any bios passwords set. I use them in my laptop repairs quite often.They also unlock hard drives on laptops for most brands.
I have the same concern as yours I hope that the procedural that I did could help you as well.
1. removed hdd from laptop`s tray (with power OFF)
2. powered ON the laptop and entered in BIOS SETUP
3. as the hdd was removed the BIOS read at 1st ata device
but i was able to select field, which had
4. select option and the "manual" options for the hdd appear
5. don`t change anything, remain on that page and insert the HDD drive
in the tray. as it powers up the bios completed me the field vith the
values for my hdd automatically.
6. go back to the field "1st ata device" and selected the option
7. go to the bios SECURITY section and in the field "HDD Password" enter
a password of your choice (but remember or note it down)
8. EXIT the bios setup and SAVE CHANGES (and reboot)
9. at the HDD prompt i found now the password matched the one i entered
10. run the bios setup again and remove the hdd password for easy use purpose..
that`s it, how it did work for me. now, i believe this steps to be usefull for anyone else.
my bios type is award medallion v6.0 but i hope to work on other versions as well...
- You will get the Master Password that will remove both Admin/System Password. - Also HardDisk unlocking. - You don't need any additional tool (no paperclip...) Bios Password - HDD password - Master password - Unlock laptop - Reset bios password - Bios password removal - Bios Password Recovery - Clearing the Bios or CMOS Password
You may be able to use backdoor bios password, not all bios chips have them, but its worth a try, check HERE
IF it is a HDD password and not a bios password, buy a new HD. You would need to install a OS and drivers, but you may be able to attach the old drive in a caddy and retrieve the contents.
If this does not work for you, please write back and i am sure we will fix it