Question about Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebook
I was unable to find disassembly instructions for the Dell 1000. Therfore, I documented the process. Though it might help someone else.
1. Remove Battery
2. Remove DVD drive by removing 2 screws on bottom of the laptop. The two screws will have a lock next to the screws.
3. Remove screw on bottom of laptop labeled M. Lay the screw and memory cover aside.
4. Remove Hard Drive cover by removing 2 screws labeled H. Lay the screws and Hard Drive cover aside.
5. Remove 2 screws labeled H which are located under the Hard Drive cover. Gently pull on the Hard Drive removal tab and place screws and Hard Drive aside.
6. Remove 2 screws labeled D from bottom of laptop. These screws are located directly under screen.
7. Gently remove plastic keyboard retainer strip by opening the screen to a horizontal position and gently prying the plastic strip containing the power switch.
8. Carefully remove keyboard, unplugging the ribbon cable from the motherboard by lifting the outermost edges of the keyboard ribbon cable connector. This should allow the keyboard and ribbon cable to slide out easily.
9. Remove silver motherboard cover by removing 7 retaining screws.
10. Remove Fan by removing screws labeled TH7 & TH9
11. Unplug and remove fan.
12 Remove processor heat sink by loosing the 4 strange looking screws that have springs attached to them and are labeled 1 through 4. Loosen screws a couple of turns at a times starting at 1 and working through 4.
13. Unplug screen cable from mother board.
14. Remove screw attaching the screen ground to the mother board ground.
15. Hold on to the screen and Remove 2 screws from back of laptop labeled D. Screen is now loose. Remove and set aside carefully.
16. Remove 4 short screws from top of laptop. Screws are located close to the back of the laptop, under where the screen was.
17. Remove 8 long screws labeled P from back of laptop
18. Remove 2 short screws labeled P from hard drive slot.
19. Remove 2 silver screws labeled P from the top of the laptop. The screws are close to the power switch and to the right of where the fan was located.
20. Lift off laptop cover by unplugging the Mouse ribbon cable from the motherboard by lifting the outermost edges of the Mouse ribbon cable connector.
21. Remove motherboard screw labeled TH15
22 Remove Hard Drive Caddy by removing 4 screws.
23. Remove 2 silver VGA output screw/nuts
24. Unplug Speakers
25. Unplug screen switch by disconnecting CON4
26. The Mother Board is free to be removed.
The teardown information from rbrown67 was very accurate and easy to follow. It helped tremendously in tearing down my machine to replace the AC plug.
Posted on Mar 26, 2008
you can find the service manual for you DELL Inspiron1000 Notebook , from these URLs:
Hope these sites are helpful for you in future also.
Cheerup and Be Happy always
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2014 | Dell INSPIRON ONE W01B 18.5" 2.8Ghz 4GB...
Jun 01, 2010 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Apr 23, 2010 | Dell Inspiron B130 Notebook
Oct 26, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 9300 Notebook
Mar 25, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Jul 27, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 700M Notebook
Apr 28, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 700M Notebook
2,401 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!