Question about Televison & Video
I have a Sony KDP 65WS550 and the standby blinks 10 times. It has sounds but no pictures. I unplug and replug and check all the wirings, all okay and it worked. Today, it does the same thing, blinks 10 times. What's wrong with the TV.
My tv went to a repair center and they said they do not make parts for my tv any more ... so i called sony they said that they are still parts available then they went on to say if your tv is over 7 years old, from the year it was manufacture, then no they do not. my was manufacture in 2003 so no its not 7 years old, they still didn't answer me...... i even e-mailed them..... i will never buy another sony again and i will tell my friends to tell their friends to tell their friends and so on not to ever buy a sony i hope they go under...........
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
Are you sure it 10?
these are the codes i have
· 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
· 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
· 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
· 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
· 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
· 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
· 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
· 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
· 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
Hopefully, the descriptions of the blinking lights and the symptoms and problems will point you in the right direction to tell the problem with you Sony Projection Screen Television. If it is not enough, do not worry -- in the coming few posts I will talk about entering the Diagnosis and Service modes for your television set!
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2011 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-65WS550 65" Rear...
Jan 12, 2011 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-57WS550 57" Rear...
Oct 05, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-65WS550 65" Rear...
May 05, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-65WS550 65" Rear...
Apr 26, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-65WS550 65" Rear...
Oct 10, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-65WS550 65" Rear...
Feb 23, 2008 | Televison & Video
Feb 06, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-65WS550 65" Rear...
971 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!