Question about Epson Stylus Color 760 InkJet Printer
I was just finished succesfully printing mailing labels on my old 760 and noticed that all of the lights suddenly began blinking. The manual says that this indicates that there is "an internal error" and that it needs service. Short of looking for a new printer, is there anything I can try to rectify this problem? I've tried the usual routine of shutting down the computer, re-starting, etc. but pressing the ON/OFF button doesn't respond. Any suggestions? Bill I have exactle the same problem. Help please
I found this procedure to work for the Epson Stylus 760 printer. The error is indicated by all four lights on the printer flashing and appears to be caused by the internal counters of the machine being exceeded. Even if you press the power switch on the printer, the lights continue to flash, and the printer does not turn off!
1) Turn off your printer, ensuring that the print head is at its home location and locked in place as normal.
2) Remove the four screws securing the top cover two at the rear and two at the front under the lift up cover and lift the cover off.
3) Remove both ink cartridges.
4) When you restore power to the printer at the wall socket or by reinserting the cable, if the lights come back on straight away, the printer’s power switch was ‘on’ - switch it off and return to step 1.
5) Hold down the paper-feed button and the button with the ink-drops next to it, and then turn on the printer, still holding the buttons down.
6) When the paper-out LED flashes, release the buttons.
7) Press and hold the Cleaning button, until several lights flash - this will take a few seconds (i.e. then release the button).
8) The printer will now attempt to reset, including resetting the EEPROM memory and running a short (about 10 seconds) cleaning cycle.
9) Insert the cartridges as normal and replace the cover.
Posted on Mar 30, 2008
Which wone cleaning button Press and hold the Cleaning button, until several lights flash - this will take a few seconds (i.e. then release the button
Posted on Aug 09, 2010
I had a similar problem where all the lights were flashing and kept on flashing even after turning off the printers power switch !
Pleased to say that solution 2 resolved my problem and all is well again with this workhorse !
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
5) Hold down the
paper-feed button and the button with the ink-drops next to it, and
then turn on the printer, still holding the buttons down.
The 'buttons' are not obvious to me - where are they?
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
Worked a treat. Funeral posponed
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 28, 2010 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus Color 760 InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2009 | Zebra Stripe S600 Thermal Label Printer
Sep 16, 2008 | Epson LQ 570+ Matrix Printer
Nov 10, 2006 | Epson Stylus Color 760 InkJet Printer
Oct 03, 2009 | Epson Stylus Color 760 InkJet Printer
419 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: