TS stands for "Toll Saver" It will ring 4 times if there are no new messages waiting, it will ring 2 times if there are new messages waiting.
This has two effects:
1) If you are calling home to check your messages, you can wait 2 rings. If there are new messages to check, then it answers immediately. If you make it to 3 rings, you know there are no new messages and you can hang up before you are billed for your call. This was more useful when you would use a pay phone or hotel phone to make a long distance call home. With a pay phone you would get your "quarter" back as long as there were no messages. With cell phones,it isn't as useful.
2) If you not home (which is implied by the fact that there are new messages waiting), it answers faster, so people calling you don't have to wait as long. This could also be viewed as a security risk... it tells your callers whether you are home or not.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press and hold the "clock" button. You will hear a beep and the display will begin flashing a number which represents the day of the week. 1=sun, 2=mon, and so on. Press the left and right arrow buttons to scroll through. After choosing the day, press the "clock" button again to set the hour. It will start with 12 am and go through 11pm. Press "clock" again after setting the hour to set the minute.You will be able to scroll through 0-59 to choose the minute. When finished, press the "clock" button again to exit the time setting feature.
When the power went out it may have set the machine to its default setting, "answer function off". Press the "On/Off" button to check for sure. A battery really wouldn't help in this matter because it's only there for backup; when the power goes out the batter will save your settings, outgoing and incoming messages. Perhaps when the power went out you lost your outgoing message, and now, when people call, they don't realize that that they are supposed to leave a message. One more thing you can check is the switch on the side of the phone which tells the machine to answer after 2 or 4 rings.
I have model no. 1188 bellsouth digital answering machine. If you have to leave a message, the message I recorded is no longer there, there is a generic message saying please record your message. How do I go back and record my voice with my message. I cannot find my original manual.
The bellsouth model 2006c has been discontinued and you can no longer order a manual for it. But there is hope! If you call 214-758-2500 press 3 and the enter the model number you will be given a list of options to choose from to help you with your problems. DO NOT SELECT THE OPTION TO ODRER A MANUAL! The service will tell you that the machine as been discontinued and then hang up and you will have to call back and start all over again. I hope this was some help for you.