Question about KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Please can you tell me how to remove the light bulb from my arrow oven so i can replace it.
Here is a simpler method from the same website mentioned in solution #1:
1) Turn off power to the unit
2) Open the lower oven door
3) Remove the side trim screws and pull the trims down and out.
4) Remove 2 screws on the sides of the control panel.
5) Open the Microwave door. Remove the 3 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the microwave. You can then remove the Air Vent Cover by pushing the control panel up and pull out slightly at the bottom.
6) Remove the 4 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the lower oven and remove the Air Vent Cover. (You may have to remove the left under side bracket of the Microwave door temporarily just for the Air Vent Cover to clear the screw of the bracket. Re-secure the side bracket of the Microwave door panel as the front panel may fall)
7) Remove the 2 screws which held the Microwave unit in place behind the Air Vent Cover on step 6.
8) Wiggle the Microwave unit out about half way to expose the light bulb unit on top center
9) Wiring to the Control Panel will prevent you from pulling the Microwave unit out any further. And you don't want to do that as the unit may fall. Space is cramped, but working carefully with pliers you should be able to release the springs which held down the light bulb unit and change the bulb.
By the way, the bulb is Osram 64405S. It's available online for about $2.00 plus shipping.
See more info. at: http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=51232
Posted on Feb 18, 2011
To replace the bulb on kitchenAid microwave:
You'll have to pull the oven unit out of the wall:
Shut off the power first - make sure you get both ovens!
1. Open the lower oven door.
2. Remove the two screws holding the side trim in place, down low.
3. Pull the side trim pieces off to expose the screws holding the oven in the cabinet. Remove those.
At this point you're going to want some help, or get creative. You need to pull the oven unit out from the cabinet, and it's heavy. I rolled an automotive floor jack under mine with a piece of plywood, slid the oven out most of the way, then lifted the jack until it took most of the weight. I then pulled the oven out until just the back edge was resting on the cabinet edge. [A chair may work just as well.]
4. Take a minute to study the top of the microwave and start locating the screws holding the top sheet metal panels down. You may also want to loosen the conduit clip and some other things to make it a little easier.
5. Remove the screws at the sides of the control panel.
6. Remove the screws holding down the top cover.
7. Remove the top cover, and the control panel (unplug all of the wiring harnesses.)
8. Remove the horizontal screws around the sides near the top that are holding down the next layer of metal. There are two in the back, you'll have to get behind the oven. I rotated mine in place just enough.
9. Remove the two vertical screws at the front corners.
10. At this point you should be able to lift up the panels in the front just enough to get to the light bulb.
I found this solution at http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=51232 and it seems correct based on a conversation I had with a repair person at MMAB Appliances. Hope it helps.
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2016 | Ovens
Apr 15, 2015 | AEG Ovens
May 21, 2014 | Electrolux EOB5665G Ultrafan Electric...
Sep 24, 2013 | Electrolux Icon E30EW85GPS 30" Double Wall...
Dec 28, 2012 | Ovens
Apr 24, 2009 | Philips Ovens
Mar 07, 2009 | Ovens
Nov 25, 2008 | Ovens
Apr 02, 2017 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Jan 22, 2013 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
988 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!