Question about Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
While running my 4th or 5th nozzle check, the printer started
blinkingthe green power light and the red maintenance light alternately
(one,then the other). Pressing the yellow cartridge change button
I shut it off, unplugged it, released the print head manually (pressdown white plastic dog,) and moved the print head to the cartridgechange position by hand. I changed one cart, then theother. No change. Printer will not do anything butblink. I don't see any blockage or broken things.
Epson support (india) says Mechanical failure get a new printer.
Anybody have any ideas?
1. Turn the printer off using the power button on the panel of the printer.
2. Disconnect the interface cable at the back of the printer.
3. Hold down the "LOAD/EJECT" and "CLEANING" buttons simultaneously.
4. Turn the printer on. Release all buttons as soon as paper out light flashes.
5. Quickly press (within 3 seconds while PAPER OUT light is flashing) the "CLEANING" button for 10 seconds.
6. Release the button and the printer will initialize.
7. Once initialization is complete, turn the printer off.
8. Reconnect the interface cable.
9. Turn the printer on
You waste ink pad counter has reached its maximum. This procedure should reset it. You could also try the Epson SSC software here: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html if the above procedure doesn't work.
Keep in mind that if you don't replace the ink pad or clean it (Cheaper), you may run into print quality problems when the ink starts to overflow.
Posted on Mar 13, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2010 | Epson Stylus R290 InkJet Printer
Jan 28, 2010 | Canon PIXMA IP5200 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 09, 2009 | Epson C64 InkJet Printer
Dec 07, 2009 | Epson Stylus C60 InkJet Printer
May 21, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo 1290 InkJet Printer
Feb 21, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 08, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Aug 22, 2008 | Canon i950 InkJet Photo Printer
May 18, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Mar 07, 2014 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!