I'm not able to make outgoing calls( incoming calls/SMSs i'm getting) from my i-mate JAMA after relocating to another city with my new sim card( I've tried SIM cards of all service providers here), I went back to my old city and... everything was fine when i inserted old SIM card... came back to new place and again can't make outgoing calls
not getting incoming calls goes to voicemail as says the caller is unavailble leave a message everytime
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Your sim card is not in the right position. Take out your battery and your sim card. Make sure it is in the right position. Also make sure no dust or dirt where the sim card goes. Put the sim card back in your phone and battery. Turn it on. See if the insert sim card goes away.
2. If it goes not, then you will need a new sim card. Go to your local service provider store to get a new one.
Check your sim card is properly inserted You should be prompted for the sim pin number when the iphone loads up (if it has one set). If the pin number is not entered the sim card will not register with your provider.
If you open settings, what is next to "carrier" ? it should state your provider there. If it doesn't, tap it and see if it will list your carrier, by default the iphone is set to automatic, you may need to manually select your provider.
If none of this works, give a detailed description of what has been tried and any other details you can
Are the contacts in phone memory or in sim memory?? If in phone memory, There's no problem. Switch on the phone and manully delete all contacts. There's no need of the sim to be inserted. If the contacts are in sim memory then insert the sim. Switch the phone on, and scroll contacts. Chek and find the no.s which have the sim image, it will surely be a sim contact. Then delete it. If you are fearing that your contacts ( if in sim memory ) will be deleted and it is important then first switch on the phone with sim. Note down all sim contacts, after that delete. Then if you give your sister another phone which she likes, switch on the phone and then install all sim contacts which you earlier noted down.