Please help me get my wireless settings
If you have windows XP on the laptop then perform the steps below:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply.
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab.
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. In the preferred network box, Select all SSID and remove the name from the list. Once the list is empty, Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight the SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
For Vista on the laptop:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side menu.
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. Click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a Password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa
rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please
comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Aug 30, 2009 |
Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook