My Kensington 90W power adapter will not charge my computer. It beeps when I plug in it and the battery does not charge.
Im not sure what type of computer you have, but with the laptops I have had in the past, this is usually an indication that the battery has malfunctioned and will need to be replaced, the internal charging circuit and management system is no longer functional, or the contacts are dirty and the battery simply isnt able to charge becuase of it.
I do need some clarification...
A) Is the computer able to power up and run off of AC?
B) Does the battery have any charge at all, or does the PC list it as 0% or 100% (if the system boots)
C) If you are able to boot, and your battery is not depleted but will not charge, you shoudl follow proper battery maintenance guidlines, which includes cleaning the battery contacts that
connect your cells to the laptop. Battery power is transferred through
the contacts and keeping them clean allows for a more efficient
transfer of power. The best way to do this is with rubbing alcohol and
If this does not seem to solve a problem, you can take the system to a qualified professional and they can try and find if there are shorts in the sytem with an electrical tester.
I hope this helped,
Jan 04, 2009 |