Question about Computers & Internet
I suspect that the reason that there is no communication between your laptop and printer is because the printer will not switch online. This is further confirmed by one of the flashing lights. This is a standard feature if the built-in diagnostics of most current printers tells it that something is wrong.
Since as you posted/described "I've just put in all new inks and now..." was when the problem started, pls verify:
1. the ink cartridges are seated properly at their assigned slots;
2. most ink cartridges when new have a sticker cover of some sort to protect the electronic/contact pins. Pls verify that they were removed;
3. the cover/panel doors are securely lock in place;
4. verify that the USB cable/connectors are attached;
5. you have installed the correct model of ink cartridges, they are original and not generic/replacements/refills;
6. all others are where they should be, paper in tray, slides extended and nothing out of the ordinary;
If your concern has not been corrected after completion of the above procedures, pls post back with the brand and model of your printer. it might be of further help if you can post your laptop's brand & model as well as the operating system.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back as requested, how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 13, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jan 21, 2010 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Nov 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 22, 2009 | Epson Stylus C60 InkJet Printer
Mar 29, 2009 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
Nov 30, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 22, 2008 | Canon S 330 InkJet Printer
Apr 15, 2008 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!