An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: How Do I Get the Old Ribbon Off the Spindle?
The large button in the middle of the ribbon take-up spool releases the two bars that press out into the ribbon, making it looser and easier to remove. You might have to push kind of hard. Last resort, there's always scissors
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Reset the printer - to return the printer configuration to factory default values,pressFEED and PAUSE at the same time while turning the power On (l). 2. Download this Maintenance Manual for Zebra S600 and follow the troubleshooting steps from page # 66.(table 3-2) Printer stops, pause and paper/ribbon LEDs both on / Printer stops, pause LED on and paper/ribbon LED flashing. 3.Uninstall / Re-install the zebra printer driver .Use this revouninstaller to remove the driverClick here to download the driver for Zebra S600 .
Just a thought, Zebra Ribbons are Coated Side Out. Take a piece of tape and press it against the ribbon, ink should come off on the tape.
If not then make sure the ribbon is the correct type and that you have it loaded properly. Also, if you use multiple ribbons i.e. wax, wax resin or resin make sure that you have the correct ribbon for the media installed.
Yes it can but you have to use DIRECT THERMAL MATERIAL. That eliminates the need for a ribbon but what most people don't realize is that a ribbon is almost like "Oil" in your car. Direct Thermal material is more abrasive and will wear out your printhead much faster. Now if you don't print lots of labels that may not be a big deal but if you print 500+ labels a day then thermal transfer may be a better choice in the long run. Printheads are one of the most expensive components of these printers.
The factory default setting for the S600 is thermal transfer (ribbon). depending on your OS there is a command that can be echoed to the printer to change the setting to direct transfer (non ribbon). It sounds like your printer thinks is should use a ribbon and in fact you are not using a ribbon. Here is the procedure I use to get the ribbon motor to turn on:
1. start with the printer turned off.
2. open the printhead, retract the ribbon completely onto the supply spool. leave the printhead open.
3. Press and hold the top three buttons (PAUSE, FEED and CANCEL) while turning on the printer. When the botom couple lights turn off release the buttons.
4. When you are left with the power light on and the printhead light blinking reinstall the ribbon and close the printhead.
The printer will autoclaibrate and run a sensor test.
Once complete the take up motor should have turned on and you should be able to use thermal transfer labels and a ribbon.