Question about Vacuums
I have a small vacuum that is bag-less, and I need to know if I can wash the filter or if I need to get a new one and where can I get a new filter at and what kind of filter can I get? Where do I go to get a new filter and what is the name of the filter that I need to get?
You can wash the foam filters but make sure they are dry before putting them back. I have just ordered spare filters online from www.espares.co.uk You can search for your vacuum cleaner model number to find the correct filters. Alternatively, you can ask them.
On my Hoover dust magnet cyclone cylinder machine I found another filter beneath the plastic box that collects the dirt & dust. I removed it and washed that too. I didn't know there was one there until I read it somewhere. You shouldn't use soapy water to wash it, just plain, cold water. It has made a big difference to the vac's performance.
Posted on Mar 26, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Nov 16, 2007 | Sebo Automatic X1 Bagged Upright Vacuum
1. Locate the primary filter behind the side grille. Wash the filter, squeeze it out and allow 24 hours to air dry outside of the vacuum. It should be washed about every other month.
2. Locate the secondary filter located in the vacuum base under the paper bag. The secondary filter can be washed in the same manner as the primary filter.
3. Replace the bag if it is full.
4. Remove the hose from both ends. Use a broom stick to gently loosen and clear any clogs from hose.
5. Remove the bottom plate and brush-roll. Use a wooden spoon or something similar to loosen and remove any clogs from the lower hose.
Hope this helps!
Jun 14, 2014 | Hoover U6434-900 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Apr 04, 2014 | Hoover Tempo Widepath Upright Vacuum -...
Nov 19, 2010 | Oreck BB1100DB / BB1100DC Housekeeper...
May 22, 2010 | Riccar 8850 Vacuum
Feb 27, 2010 | Electrolux UltraLux 2000 Bagged Canister...
Oct 17, 2009 | Black & Decker HV6000 Bagged Handheld...
Sep 07, 2009 | Kenmore 25512/ 25513 Progressive Canister...
Mar 18, 2009 | Hoover U5194-900 Mach5 Multi-Chamber...
347 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!