Question about Hunter 33202 Humidifier
I lost the book and need to know how and how often i should clean the filter
Here is the link for your manual:
How to clean your filter:
The PermaWick™ Filter should be cleaned in a vinegar and water solution to remove any mineral buildup. Place in a solution of one (1) gallon of water and eight (8) ounces of undiluted white vinegar. Allow the filter to soak for 20 minutes.
After soaking, rinse it several times with clean water. Place the PermaWick™ Filter in a location where it can drip dry while you clean the other parts of your humidifier.
They say the frequency that you will have to clean your filter depends on yoru quality of water. The harder the water you have the more you will have to clean it.
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: need to clean the filter
This is the link to your manual.
1. Turn switch to OFF position and unplug the cord from wall outlet.
2. Lift the Water Tank from Base. Carefully remove the Water Tray from the base being
careful not to damage the delicate Wicking Filter. Empty excess water from the Water Tray
without removing the Wicking Filter. Remove the Tank Cap and drain any water from the
Water Tank. Rinse the Water Tank with lukewarm water after each use. Wipe accessible
surfaces of the Water Tank and Water Tray clean with a soft, damp cloth.
3. Do not immerse the Base in water. For storage, wipe dry with a soft, clean cloth. Keep
water away from the Air Outlet.
4. Do not leave water in the Water Tank or Water Tray when unit is not in use as it may
result in the build up of mineral deposits and bacteria that can inhibit the output
efficiency of the humidifier. Please note that if water remains in the Water Tank for more
than a day or two, bacterial growth is possible.
5. Replace Water Tray with Wicking Filter. Then replace the Tank. Humidifier is now ready for
1. Remove the Water Tank and empty any remaining water from the Water Tank.
2. Turn switch to the ON position, either low or high speed, and operate Humidifier until the
Wicking Filter is thoroughly dry.
3. Turn switch to the OFF position and unplug the cord from wall outlet.
4. Remove Wicking Filter from the Water Tray by carefully lifting straight up taking care not to
5. Remove the Water Tray from the Base. Fill Water Tray with undiluted white vinegar. Let
stand for 20 minutes.
6. Dampen soft, clean cloth or sponge with undiluted white vinegar and wipe out Water Tray
to remove scale. Do not use soap, detergents or abrasive cleaners.
7. Rinse the Water Tray thoroughly in clean warm water or put in top shelf of dishwasher to
remove scale and vinegar before disinfecting the Water Tray.
Disinfecting the Water Tray and Tank
1. Fill tank with 1 teaspoon of household bleach in 1 gallon of water. Let stand twenty (20)
minutes, shaking vigorously every few minutes, drain and rinse with clean water until the
bleach smell is gone. Dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
2. Wipe the Water Tray with a soft cloth dampened in the bleach and water solution. Rinse
the Water Tray thoroughly or place in dishwasher before proceeding.
3. Wipe all exterior surfaces of the Base with a soft, dry cloth. Do not immerse the Base in
water or use water to clean the base. An electric shock may result or the humidifier may
Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2018 | Humidifiers
May 14, 2010 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Mar 03, 2010 | Sunbeam 1117 Humidifier
Aug 13, 2009 | Crane Frog EE-3191 1 Gallon Humidifier
Dec 18, 2008 | Hunter CareFree Plus 33222 Humidifier
Nov 23, 2008 | Danby PHD DHCC6020 3-in-1 Home Comfort...
May 22, 2008 | Hunter CareFree Plus 33222 Humidifier
May 19, 2008 | Humidifiers
Dec 01, 2007 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Dec 27, 2010 | Hunter 33202 Humidifier
1,161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: