- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
MOI is a computer file format used primarily to represent information. MOI files are associated with MOD or TOD files whose content they represent. The Pixela ImageMixer Video Editing Software should allow you to save your videos to your hard drive. But you may need to install the latest version of Quicktime Player (free) to view the the .mov files as an alternative to the ImageMixer program's viewer.
The software that your looking for is the Cyberlink Solution Bundle.
This bundle is comprised of Power Producer, Power Director, Power Cinema and can be found on Cyberlink.com. You can download a free 30 day trial from the website. But until you get your software you can try the following steps:
1. Connect you usb to you computer and camcorder 2. Camcorder ask do you want to playback, backup, create dvd, direct print.... Choose playback 3. Option pops up on your computer.. Select "Take No Action" 4. Go into My Computer and open the E: or Everio_HDD 5. >>For movies- Select SD-Video - Folder PRG002 or PRG001 are where your movie files is located Drag and drop .MOD files to your desktop **.MOI files are indexes of the .MOD files and will not convert **
>>For Pictures- Select DCIM - Folder 101JVCSO or 100JVCSO - Drag and Drop to desktop - NO FILE CONVERSION NECESSARY
6. Change the file extension to .MPG
** If you find yourself having issues changing the file extension, open my computer... select tools... go to folder options.... un-check "Hide extension for known file types", check it back when your finished if you have kids.. I do for my computer.***
**You are simply creating copies of your files when you drag and drop you movies and pics***
These step will allow you to view back you movies using Windows Media Player until you get your software.
If you got discs with the camera look for a program on there called Cyberlink Power director it will convert the files for you heres a link that will give you full instructions as well as a link to Other programs that will do the job
You also have to plug it into the power source. They put it together with the charger. Get the charger and you will see that you can plug the AC adaptor cable in the other end. This allows you to power up when you are using the USB.
Actually, converting the .mod file to .avi or .mpg is not sufficient. The corresponding .moi file contains date/time stamp info. as well as some resolution/aspect ratio info. There is a free utility at the following link: http://zyvid.com/smf/index.php?acti...ic=280.0;id=153 that does a really good job at converting the .mod/.mov files into .mpg files properly.