Our office uses the HP 2420dn for several users. We recently replaced the toner cartridge and it is now printing shadows. We tried to run a cleaning and that made it worse by causing it to print pages dark gray. Please help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is called backgrounding. It is a common issue with this machine when you print past the reccomended out or use inferior remanufactured carts. This is usually either a poorly adjusted doctor blade in the cartridge, or if it is an HP cart, it has a prematurely full waste bin and is transferring waste toner to the page. Either way, replace the cartridge.
there is two solutions:
1. your toner cartridge is bad
2. laser scanner unit is dirty
- replace toner cartridge
- clear laser scanner unit whit dry cloth very carefully
you can also clean transfer roller whit piece of paper
1. Do not use media that has already been run through the printer.
2. Try using a different type of media.
3. Print a few more pages to see if the problem corrects itself.
4. Turn over the stack of media in the tray. Also, try rotating the stack 180°.
5. Open the Configure Device menu at the printer control panel. On the Print Quality
submenu, increase the TONER DENSITY setting. See the user guide.
6. Make sure that the environmental specifications for the printer are being met.
try these steps to see if they work for you.