Question about Car Audio & Video
I have a Delphi Delco Am/Fm/CD radio that is locked from loosing power. I have no idea of the code or how to unlock it. It is part # 15198700 and it says RDS on the front.
Below worked for me just two days ago... you DO NOT NEED to take it to the dealer and you do NOT need to disconnect the battery, this can all be done with a couple clicks on your radio and call into a phone number.
This was posted previously on another post...
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are from STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then #. You’ll hear Invalid Code, try again
09. Press 139010 then #. You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC
Your radio is now un-locked and usable
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Here is how to unlock Delco Theftlock radio that displays "LOC"
GM DELCO THEFTLOCK RADIO UNLOCK CODE:
1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you
get 3 digits on your display. This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will
need, so write 'em down.
2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press
AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write
'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code
displays again, just start over).
3. Call this number, it's a prerecorded message, so don't worry about
having to talk to anyone...1-800-537-5140. The voice will ask if
calling for Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc... When you here him tell
to press "2" for Pontiac, press 206010 and hit the # key. He'll ask
for the 6 digit code that you've written down. Enter that and press
* key. He will then give you a code, and the option to get additional
digit codes, but one should be sufficient.
4. Follow the normal procedure in your owners manual for unlocking the
radio with your new code...press the hour set button on your radio
you get the first two numbers of the code, then press the minute set
button until you've entered the last two numbers. Immediately press
AM/FM button once the correct code is entered and the code SEC or
"secured" will be displayed on the display scregm Delphi radio code - icon1.png. Now, just turn the
radio on, and your ready to roll.
There is an additional step you can take to remove all codes from the
radio and start from scratch by entering your own personalized 4 digit
code so that it won't get you in a pickle again! Just repeat step 4
you should get a display screen that reads ---. This means the code is
out, and you can now program your own code. Of course, once you
the 4 digit code from the GM recorded message, just keep it in a safe
place, because you can use that same code again and again should you
have any more problems with it in the future. Good luck, and yes, it
Posted on Feb 03, 2013
Old radio went out and drained the battery...bought a new radio and battery and the display says locked and the temp. all of the other functions on the stereo work fine still get the tire pressure, trip miles, etc from the car care read out. Only issue is no radio, cd player, or aux mode.
Posted on Jun 29, 2010
You'll have to go to a stereo place so they can decode the alarm system so it turns off
Posted on Mar 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 02, 2014 | 2000 Pontiac Montana
Feb 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 12, 2012 | Ac Delco AM-FM Radio Cassette
Oct 15, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Apr 06, 2010 | 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Mar 18, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado
Mar 18, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Jun 21, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Apr 23, 2017 | SCOSCHE Car Audio & Video
6,575 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: