- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To extend the number of rings before your phone goes into the answer message option, change the settings for Answer delay option as described below.
You can set number of rings before your phone answer message kicks in. You can set answer message to begin after 2, 4, 6 or 8 rings.
1. Press <Menu> and up down to select ANS Machine
2. Press <OK> and <up/down> to select TAM Settings
3. Press <OK> and <up/down> to select ANSWER DELAY (OPTIONS: 2, 4, 6 OR 8 RINGS)
4. Press <OK> and <up/down> to select to select desired delay.
5. Press <OK> to confirm.
I went to the following Sony website and asked a technician in their live chat room (which I highly recommend if you have any Sony related questions), and he said my messages would be stored on my machine indefinitely even if I unplug it and place the machine in storage.
Call your number and as soon as your answering machine is about to come on do what you would normally do from home...ie: if you are with bell then it would be *98 then it will ask for you password ...
i hope it works for you