Sympton: Horizontal misalignment of characters (Dots or characters move left or right from dot row to dot row or line to line)
NOTE: to check the phasing value, power down the printer, remove
the shuttle cover, and read the phase value on the aluminum
shuttle casting in a black marker. Should start with PH... You will need this number below!
IMPORTANT The printer must be printing the Phase pattern of “H’s” when the Phasing Value is changed, or the New Phasing Value will not be written into NVRAM. If the value is changed when not printing, the printer will return to its default phasing value when powered off then back on.
1. Raise the printer cover.
2. Install the ribbon.
3. Load full width (136 column) paper and set the top of form.
4. Power on the printer.
5. If the printer is on-line, press the ON LINE key to place the printer off-line. “OFFLINE / CONFIG. CONTROL.” displays.
6. On the control panel, press the = + > keys to unlock the ENTER key.
“ENTER SWITCH UNLOCKED” briefly displays. (If “LOCKED” displays,
simply press = and > again. This is the default key combination. The lock/unlock key combination can be programmed by the user. If = + > does not unlock ENTER, get the combination from the user.)
7. Press the ; key. “OFFLINE / DIAGNOSTICS” displays.
8. Press >. “DIAGNOSTICS / Printer Tests” displays.
9. Press >. “Printer Tests / Shift Recycle” displays.
10. Press ; until “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” displays.
11. Press ENTER. The display shows “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” and the test begins. The current phasing value is printed on the left of the printed pattern of all H’s. As the pattern prints, compare the H’s to the figure below. If the phasing needs adjustment, go to step 12. If the phasing is OK, go to step 15.
12. Press >: The current phase index displays. Press > again: An asterisk (*) appears next to the phase value.
13. Press < to increase or ; to decrease the phasing index value, then press ENTER to activate the value as it prints. Continue to increase or decrease the phasing index until the pattern of H’s is acceptable.
14. Press = twice: “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” displays.
15. Press ENTER to stop the test.
16. Press CLEAR. “OFFLINE / CONFIG. CONTROL” displays.
17. Press = + > (or the key combination set by the user). *ENTER SWITCH LOCKED” briefly displays.
18. Close the printer cover.
19. Press the ON LINE key to place the printer on-line.
NOTE: If you changed the phasing value, power down the printer, remove
the shuttle cover, and write the new phase value on the aluminum
Apr 26, 2010 |
Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer