Lexmark x5495 all in one.paper does not come out when printing
It seems there is a possibility of a problem with the printer itself, or perhaps the cartridge. You should first self-test the printer. Since we are unsure where the problem exists, we must do eliminative troubleshooting to rule out parts of the printing system. The self-test allows us to rule out software and the cable by testing the hardware by itself. Please note that this is not a "fix," but rather a diagnostic test to determine if your hardware is at fault.
Please begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at least "30 seconds." Then plug the printer back in.
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either a solid black or solid color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, please try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with only a color cartridge installed (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed). If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues, please let us know. This includes any print quality issues - we need to know if the problems you have with your black or color are based in the printer, or communications with your computer, or the computer's software.
If the self-test prints your test bar(s) clearly, the printer hardware is not at fault.
May 15, 2009 |
Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer