Suddenly, I turn on the T.V. and the picture is upside down. I can't get to any start up menu on the remote....when I push one of the buttons on the top edge of the T.V. it goes to a start up menu, but I can't "scroll" to any of it. Any there is not a category that I can see that says "flip". Help!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: sharp flat screen
Listen carefully, facing the TV from the front, go to the right side of the TV. Look closely where the input jacks are and you will see a small peep hole. Get a small hair pin or tooth pick and press into that hole for about 8 second. This will reset the set to its original specification. If there is 2 hole, just try one first, if that fail to work, try the next.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you select "source" on your remote then enter 7343 it will bring up a factory menu. Go down to 'Other setting' , the setting 'scaler output' should be set to "Normal". This setting flips the display.
There's a button on the original remote control that does exactly that:
(Please vote or comment if my solution helped you!)
Adjusting PICTURE FLIP Settings
You can set the orientation of the picture.
Directly setting the PICTURE FLIP
1 Press PIC. FLIP to display the
PICTURE FLIP screen.
2 Press PIC. FLIP to change the
Setting the PICTURE FLIP on the
1 Press MENU to display the MENU
2 Press a/b to move the cursor to
PRESET, and press ENTER.
3 Press a/b to move the cursor to
PICTURE FLIP, and press
4 Press c/d to select the desired
picture flip setting, and press
5 Press MENU to return to the main
NORMAL MIRROR ROTATE
The PICTURE FLIP screen automatically
disappears in 3 seconds.
• [NORMAL]: normal image
[MIRROR]: mirror image
[ROTATE]: rotated image
[UPSIDE DOWN]: upside down image
cableman try this exactley to the "T" with the instructions in front of you. The procedure resets your monitor to factory settings. On step 13 use the factory setting on the right side menu block not the left. It may or may not work if you have a bad board or eeprom.
1. Using the Volume button (Remote or Monitor) turn the volume all the way down.
2. Hold the Menu button on the Monitor.
3. Press the Menu button on the Remote.
4. Press and hold the Volume button on the remote for 5 seconds and then release the Menu button on the Monitor. After this step the date will appear on the left side of the screen within 10 seconds.
5. Click the Menu button on the remote.
6. Click the Left Arrow button on the remote.
7. By using the Down Arrow button, scroll to Settings and then click the Left Arrow button.
8. Highlight "Eepreset" and click the Left Arrow button. (The monitor will turn off at this time)
9. Push the Power button on the remote, the unit will turn back on.
10. Click the Menu button on the remote.
11. Click the Left Arrow button on the remote.
12. By using the Down Arrow button, scroll to Settings and then click the Left Arrow button.
13. Highlight Factory and click on the Left Arrow button to select "Off"
14. Click Menu on the remote.
15. Click Menu on the remote.