Have a three year old above range micro wave. All has been working well. Suddenly, it has no power. The wall outlet is working fine since we tested it with a hair dryer. I looked to see if microwave has a fuse but did not see one in manual or in it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you mean it want power up or want work when you press the star buttom?
1. check the fuse if no power.
2. If it doesn't work when closing the door after setting timer it is the micro switch that the metal lach hits when the door close.
3. unpluge the micro wave unscew the scews to the cover of the microwave remove the cover. up front by the door you will see the micro switch maybe (brown,black,white,red/white ) what ever color it is disconet it take it to the hardware store buy a new one and replace it,themreasemble your micro wave.
It is much easier for two people to remove the microhood. If attempting alone, please move the range out so you can get under the micro to support the weight. If the range stays in place, protect the top from damage. 1. make a landing site to the side, to protect the floor when putting the micro down after removal. 2. Disconnect the power cord in the cabinet above. 3. loosen the two screws in the bottom front corners of the cabinet above. When removed the front of the micro will drop, be ready for the weight. Busy times, tools in hands microwave coming down in front. 4. tilt the front down. pull the cord out of the upper cabinet. 5. with micro still tilted down in front, lift the back of the unit upward to free it from the wall plate. 6. remove the fasteners in the wall plate and remove. Congrats, begin celebration.
Clean out the cabinet above the micro wave and you will find 2 or 3 bolts that secure the unit (MW) to the bottom of the cabinet. They will normally be towards the front of the cabinet.
I always put a towel or cardboard over the surface of the range for protection and a place to set the MW once it is ready to come down.
Have someone either hold the MW up by putting pressure upwards on the front of the MW or take the screws out. (don't forget to unplug the MW)
Gently let the front of the MW fall forward about 6" to 8" and lift the back of the MW upwards and it will release from a mount that is attached to the wall.
You may feel a little resistance as it might be duct taped to the exhaust going up or out the back.
Be aware that these older micro waves can be a little heavy and it is recommended that 2 people are used to do this.
if you open the cupboard door above the microwave you should see two or four screws/bolts holding the microwave up there. there should also be an electrical outlet up there where the microwave is plugged in. have at least two strong people. put some blankets on your stove top to protect it. unplug and remove the screws. it should be connected in back by a metal plate also. when the microwave is tilted down at a fourty five degree angle, you can give a little lift and it should pop off the plate in back. it is heavy. get a new one at sears or other appliance retail outlets. i dont recommend best buy. they really screwed me over so i dont send business their way.
uplug the micro wave for the same amout of time the dector go off and see what happen if it goes off check the battery and replace them and do the same as above test to see if dector is not working properly
This just happened to ours as well. Apparently the magnetron (device that creates radio waves that heat the food) is broken. I'm trying to pry the darn thing out of our kitchen now so I can replace the magnetron. Look for this part WB27X10489 on Google. I found it on ebay for $65. If it fixes the problem I'll post again.