Question about Printers & Copiers
I have received the new fuser gear for my xerox xc830 and removed the broken one. What is the easiest way to install the new gear?
Thanks again for your help.
1. remove front cover which is over the paper tray - 2 screws and then unflange and wiggle off.
2. take out toner cartridge and drum cartridge.
3. there is a screw on the top left of the plastic cover over the fuser roller - unscrew it and then wiggle off the plastic cover.
4. there is a little green screw on the right rear of the fuser roller assembly - unscrew it.
5. remove the 2 white plugged in wire things to the right of the fuser roller (right one snaps on top and left one snaps on the inside right).
6. take fuser roller assembly out of machine.
7. loosen screw on left on top of brown riser and loosen 2 screws on right that hold the wired part down - carefully remove the glass heat element, taking care not to touch it with your fingers. if it is touched with fingers, need to clean it with alcohol to prevent the grease from reflecting the light back into the element.
8. remove the lock ring on the right of the cyclinder and then the gear wheel will be removable and replaceable.
remember to take digital photos of it before you dis-assemble it so you will be sure you're putting it all back together right.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
You need to remove the lower front cover, I think its 2 screws.
Then on the back of the fuser where the gear is there are a couple of plugs to disconnect.
On the front of the fuser there is a shoulder ***** to remove and then gently manipulate the fuser till it comes off. You have to be careful not to break the heat rod inside the heat roll.
Once you remove the fuser there is a copression ring that holds that gear in place. No big deal, just finger pressure will remove it. Slip the gear on with the drive slot in place and reassemble the fuser.
Not all that hard, just take your time, note how your disassembling the machine so you don't wind up having to take it apart more than once. Been there lol.
I wouldn't recomment trying to force it on from the back of the machine, remove the upper fuser to allow yourself room to work.
When you do have the upper fuser out, you may also want to take some soapy cleaner like fantastic oor formula 409 and clean the pressure roll, the pink softer rubber roller.
If that lower roller is badly grooved you may want to consider ordering one. Most of the time that doesn't cause print defects, but if you notice areas of the print wiping off, then I would recommend replacing that.
Give yourself, I would guess 20 minutes to a half an hour.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2015 | Xerox Printers & Copiers
Oct 29, 2009 | Xerox DocuColor 12 Color Copier
Jun 29, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre XD100 All-In-One Laser...
Apr 03, 2009 | Xerox DocuColor 12 Color Copier
Mar 10, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Jul 25, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre XD100 All-In-One Laser...
Apr 08, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre XD125F All-In-One Laser...
Mar 03, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Feb 13, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Jan 25, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
544 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!