a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi i have a 50" magnavox that has a problem, i was looking at several websites and i find out the dirfferent posibilities.
in your case i have 2 posibble answers.
1) negative image tv turns on and shots down in 2sec flashing pixels on screen dark image has sound but no video screen goes black and then return to normal picture vertical color lines on screen no video vertical color lines with video vertical bars on screen horizontal lines on the image picture goes red after while
IT COLUD BE (X or Y or Z SUSTAIN BOARDS )
2) just left part of screen working just right part of the screen is working vertical and horizontal lines on screen part of screen not working some functions not working no video but has sound functions not working at all
IT COULD BE (LOGIC CONTROL BOARD)
are you getting sound, was it moved laterly, did you just get it from somone, did it get wet, does it make clicking noises, was the picture color/ convergence blurring before this, were the colors slowly seperating such as red/blue/green?, did the picture bow on top and bottom or sides prior to tihs, was there anything note worthy prior to the blank screen.
generally its IC convergence problem with the larger philips projection TV's however I need more info on your TV, also size make model # anything you can provide gets us a more narrowed solution.
can you post a picture of your screen or send it to my email firstname.lastname@example.org as it sounds like its just the convergence Ics and the 6.8 ohm resistors, but a pic would help me do a accurate diagfnosis.
If the loss of picture is either on top half or bottom half of screen. there are y buffer boards that go from top to bottom on left side of screen when looking at back that control those sections. when there is loss of half of picture then buffer associated with that area would be at fault and would need to be replaced. when i see a degrading symptom such as loss of picture on top half or bottom half leading to no picture issue normally you would check heat syncs on y sustain board and if not heating up after a few minutes of being turned on would recommend replacing y main and both y upper and lower y buffer boards as they complete a circuit
crt beam current too high causing shutdown as you know. Check cathode voltage of each cathode, normal levels depend on picture is around 130-150V. Missing 200V to crt board. Screen voltage problem normal 300-500V. Flyback or bad crt. ABL circuit problem. Jungle IC.