I'm having a problem with your suggestion. Your first line reads "press menu then start bk copy then fourtimes arrow-up button (tel. index) quick after another"
When the unit starts up the fax button is lit up and the error message is on the LCD. I pressed the menu button and the LCD screen reads 1. general setup. I have no idea what you mean by "start bk copy" and I have tried pressing the copy button first and then the menu and then the black start button but that does nothing.
Can you explain the proceedure a little more clearly for those of us that don't understand.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you need a new ink absorber box which you can buy from a brother service dealer near your home (see brother homepage of your country). when done so open printer: http://www.hstt.net/refill-faq/inside.html#Brother_mfc215c (use google translation german) you have to rest the eeprom parameter, too
press menu then start bk-copy then fourtimes arrow-up quickly after another. machine will switch to maintenance mode. press by help of arrow up and set : 8 - 0. press start bk-copy til PURGE 64xx appears. press the sequence of 2 -7 -6 -3 (arrow up and set). PURGE will reset to 0000. press 9 - 9 to leave maintenance.
please press menu then start bk-copy (blue-button) then fourtimes arrow-up quickly one after another. machine will be in maintnenace press start bk copy again. What two digit error code does the machine display? Post again here.
(There are more than 20 diffrent errors for unable to print behind ;-))
Do you use generic ink? If yes it can be that the bk channel within the print head is clogged due to wrong ink consistence.
What you can try is this:
1. Make sure that the cart is placed well and the hook secures the cart.
2. press menu then start bk copy then fourtimes arrow-up. machine will be in maintenance mode. press 7 then 6 then 4 then start bk copy. machine will refresh ink in tubes and ph and run some special cleaning procedure. when finished press 7 then 6 then 3 then start bk copy. machine will run a power purge. leave maintenance mode afterwards by pressing 9 then 9. run a test print. if you still cant see bk the ph is clogged and cant be fixed anymore!