- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would run the recovery console from the player itself. Make sure the Touch's power supply is plugged in (and unplugged from a PC) then to access the recovery mode of the Touch, hold down the Play/Pause button while inserting a straightened paper clip into the reset hole on your player, give it about five seconds then remove the paper clip. Next, keep on holding the Play/Pause button until the Rescue Mode screen appears. After you see the rescue mode menu, you can release the play/pause button. I would try a "clean up" first, as this is less intrusive and will not erase data.
hi m8,, u can try and change the setting of the zen in windows as a portable device,, go in 2 windows media player,and sync it ,see if that works,, if not i could try and send u a cd installer 4 it,,
1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. you might want to verify that your new player has the latest firmware available, as this might address the unresponsive-button issue you're having. Firmware updates are surprisingly easy - you just download the firmware file from Creative's website, plug in your player, and double-click the downloaded file. It's that easy.